Industrial Services CDL Operator:
HydroBlasting Jet & Vacuum Truck Operator
Reports to: Crew Leader & Operations Manager
Hill Services Industrial & Environmental Services is the#1 trusted, mid-south leader in industrial clean-up and waste management. We provide complete solutions to fit a variety of needs. Our professional, certified team is ready to serve. We respond quickly to provide the proper manpower and equipment to meet a variety of needs and manage those situations efficiently. Hill Services’ commitment to the industrial and environmental services industry provides our customers with the peace of mind knowing that a critical area of their responsibility is being managed safely and in compliance with federal and state environmental regulations.
Headquartered in Memphis, TN, we service the following industry types with vacuum, flushing and blasting services: steel manufacturing, transportation, plastics, food and beverage, utilities, pharmaceuticals, pulp & paper, paints & coatings, wire & cable, oil refining, chemicals, seed production.
We offer competitive salaries and progressive benefits including medical, dental, vision, life, 401K, company holidays, vacation accrual, and more. We offer a drug free work environment and require pre-employment and other scheduled/unscheduled drug screens. All applicants are subject to pre-employment security background checks and some positions may require pre-employment physical fitness for duty tests.
The Class “A” and “B” driver/operator is responsible for safely completing all assigned customer services, meeting customer needs and selling additional services in a defined route while complying with all company, local, state, and federal rules and regulations. The driver/operator will also transport crews, equipment from the shop to the customer facility, complete pre/post trip inspections, perform roadside repairs, and transport hazardous waste (tank, van, dump trailer) from a facility to Hill Services shop and/or an outside disposal facility adhering to Department of Transportation (DOT) hazardous waste (HAZMAT) regulations.
• Ensures health and safety is number one goal by following policies, processes, and acting in a safe manner at all times.
• Operate and drive equipment including operating and driving equipment to and from work sites.
• Operate one or more of the following equipment types:
• Perform Pre/Post Trip Inspection reports
• Perform roadside repairs as needed
• Safe operation and maintenance of equipment.
• Inventory Equipment taken on job and bring all bac
• Reports damaged/missing equipment to Parts Mgr.
• Log driving information as required
• Communicate with Dispatcher--Must have working cell phone and must answer phone or respond to work within 15 minutes 24/7/365
• May transport HazMat
• Performs other duties and tasks as assigned from time-to-time by management and will be required by the needs of Hill Services
• Communicates well with supervisors, management, crew, and customers • Travels out of town for extended periods of time
• Maintains professional appearance in uniform and demeanor
• Successful Completion of 1 week of pre-employment training
• Specific equipment training
• Able to make real-time decisions in the field; shows good judgement
• Able to work with little to no direct supervision and aptitude to complete assigned work and bring all equipment/personnel back to the shop at job completion
• High School diploma or GED
• 1+ year experience in heavy equipment and vehicle operation, maintenance, and repair
• Mechanical Ability
• Knowledge of data logging
• Maintain License, Driving Record, Medical Card, Badging/Certificates
• Able to read and write legibly and fluently in English
• Not claustrophobic or afraid of heights, dirty, pests
• Ability to travel 100% of the time
• Ability to work in confined spaces
• Ability to bend, twist, lift up to 50-75lbb, climb, and hoist
• Able to enter/exit heavy equipment without strain (sometimes climbing a ladder).
• Able to operate physical controls/pedals associated with the piece of equipment (manual dexterity)
• 20/20 eyesight corrected or uncorrected.
• Ability to use tools and assist in operations of equipment.
• Ability to lift hoods and assist with equipment repairs.
• Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
• High level of concentration.
• Ability to climb/crawl/maneuver under a truck for inspection.
• Resilient Energy/Endurance to maintain physical and mental strength for a long period of t time.
• WORKS EXTENDED ( >8HRS) TIME PERIODS. NOTE THAT IN EMERGENCY RESPONSE SITUATIONS THESE PERIODS CAN EXTEND BEYOND 8 HOURS, UPT O 12-24 HOURS. BECAUSE OF THE EMERGENCY RESPONSE AND OPERATIONAL NATURE OF THE POSITION, A CONTINUING CONDITION OF EMPLOYMENT IS THAT THE APPLICANT/CANDIDATE ACKNOWLEDGES AND AGREES TO BE ON-CALL 24 HOURS A DAY, 7 DAYS A WEEK, 365 DAYS A YEAR.
• Wear Common Protective Safety Equipment such as Steel-Toe Boots, gloves, glasses/goggles, hearing protection, hard hats, etc.
• Spend considerable amount of time on one’s feet, standing and making repetitive motions
• Utilize vacuum hoses to vacuum sludge, water, food products, non-hazardous or hazardous waste.
• Work in confined, hot, wet, cold and foul smelling environments through an 8-12 hour shift while holding the various sizes of vacuum hoses. Will have to hold on tightly to the hose handle to prevent loss of control due to hose jumping.
• Exposed to Hazardous Materials and excessive noise levels
• Carry equipment and climb ladders and stairs
• Confined Space and manhole entry (24” diameter)
• Continuous lifting of 5-75lbs in various work environments
• Ascend and descend various types of ladders up to 150ft
• Frequently stand, sit, walk, kneel, squat, reach, pull, push
• Wear full-face respirator
• Notice Dangers and evacuate during emergencies
Employment is contingent upon a successful background check, MVR, and drug screen. Some positions require a pre-hire medical exam. Must meet all work eligibility requirements. Environmentally-responsible business.
PLEASE CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD AN APPLICATION
Please complete this application. Upon completion, please return to the Hill Services office located at 4940 Covington Way, Memphis, TN 38128.